Football For All
Welcome To Killarney Celtic Football For All
Killarney Celtic Football For All is an inclusive FAI soccer programme under FFA for girls and boys from 6-18 years old. Our mission is to plan, coordinate, develop and deliver opportunities to participate in a team sport for children and young people with varying abilities that may not ordinarily have the chance to do so.
The programme provides training to players with varying needs, including Down Syndrome, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, ASD, Cerebral Palsy and many more.
We encourage your children to join us and participate in a safe, healthy and fun environment and enjoy soccer within a club setting.
We aim to:
• Increase activity levels, make exercise fun and establish the routine of taking regular exercise.
• We adapt the game of soccer to suit individual needs of the child allowing them to progress at their own pace.
• We have a strong believe on social interaction, social skills, team spirit and developing friendships both on and off the pitch.
• Help children develop balance, coordination, motor skills (both gross & fine), flexibility and social skills.
Killarney Celtic FFA has a panel of coaches each one committed to ensuring that each child achieves their goal and to have fun in a safe and healthy environment.
All our FFA coaches & Coordinators:
• Are garda vetted.
• Have completed a child welfare & safe guarding course.
• Have completed PDP1
• Have attended FAI Disability Inclusion training.
• Are mostly parents of children on our team.
All our coaches are a great enthusiastic group of people who give their time voluntarily because they believe that every child has a right to participate in sport.
Achievements to date:
• June 2016 we came runners up in The Irish Times Best Sports Club in Ireland.
• November 2016 runners up in CARA National Inclusion Awards.
• March 2017 winner of the Michael Courtney perpetual trophy for best interpretation of St. Patrick’s Day theme in Killarney.
• Each year we play at half time in Turner’s Cross home to League of Ireland’s Cork City FC.
We train on Thursday evenings from 5pm-6pm in Killarney Celtic from August-October & April-June. We go indoors to Killarney Sports & Leisure Centre from November to March.
We invite your children to join Killarney’s only inclusive soccer club. We believe that all children have a right to play soccer in a club environment. We develop skills, knowledge, confidence and social skills of all children of all abilities.
Download the football for all registration form:
Football for all registration form (70 downloads)